Monday, April 24, 2006

Persistent coughing

Hi ( cough..cough ) ..
It's been 3 weeks since I got this xxxx virus that got me coughing. I have been to a Thai doctor, a GP and finally today I went to Polyclinic.
To be fair, the doctors are doing their best. May be the hetic of going overseas. The fourth doctor a.k.a. my wife insisted that I have not enough rest. But I usually sleep before 11 pm local time. May be its the pressurised cabin of the aeroplane and the hours of travelling in a car almost everyday.
No complain though. The old saying over-rides: No work, no money. No money, expenses outstanding. That's the way of life...
Not that my wife is disturbing me ( you know what I mean); just that I am stuck to the T.V. watching EPL and the regular out-stationed.
Hey.. to think of it,my soccer watching does not go into the wee hours. I have already skipped the 3 a.m. champion league games since the last 2 years. Not that I am determine or stick to the doctors instruction of good rest. It is just that I can't wake up at that hours to watch the game. Not anymore. Sign of old age?
I am given loads of medicine by the Polyclinic's doctor today and I will get all posted if it works. ( hemm..hemm.. ). He has refused to give me an x-ray as I am not deem serious enough to use this tax-payer's subsidised expenses. Should I worry about my lungs?
For record purpose, I have tried fired rice with fresh ginger without oil. Grandma's remedy that supposed to bring the wind out of your body. Did it work huh? Not really! May be mine is not a "cold" cough. Mine is a " hot" cough or "heatiness".
I have also drunk many cups of the traiditonal "cool and bitter" medicine. And the trusted " Pi Pa Gao". They both work for a while...
Meanwhile I am going to have a good rest as instructed by the fourth doctor and take my anti-biotic to the end... meaning must finished the whole course.
Nite nite and to all parents... good luck to school SA 1.
Tell me that.
Bird Benson Foong

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home